Band of Brothers Marathon

3 comments
My lovely wife is away at a women’s retreat, so I’m home for the weekend with the kids. That gives me two free nights to watch Band of Brothers! 10 episodes over two nights equal a massive 5 hours a night. Some might call me crazy, but it’s been a while since I watched the who series, so I’m gonna take the opportunity!

Of course this means there will be no more DVD reviews for the next couple of days.

Update:
After only four hours of Band of Brothers last night I was fighting a loosing battle with sleep – it’s been a hard week at work, with early mornings and long days, and I was exhausted even before I began. The real killer though, was after doing my teeth, getting ready for bed and getting into a cold lonely bed, I couldn’t get to sleep! What’s more, even after bribing the kids to let me sleep in, I woke up somewhere between 4 and 5 am! (of course didn’t actually get up until 9am….)

So tonight I have to get through Crossroads, Bastogne, The Breaking Point, The Last Patrol, Why We Fight and Points. All up, 6 hours of non-stop DVD goodness.

Of course, seeing as I don’t drink coffee, I might just have to go out and buy copious amounts of energy drinks just to stay awake tonight!

Update #2
Apparently something I ate yesterday and my energy drink of choice (Lift Plus) don’t mix, so during The Breaking Point I was using my popcorn bowl to throw up in. Sadly the popcorn bowl was three quarters full, but it was either sacrifice the popcorn or clean the carpet… I managed to last through The Last Patrol, and most of Why We Fight but missed the end due to falling asleep… Points will have to wait till another time!

Comments

3 comments to "Band of Brothers Marathon"

Violet said...
6:35 PM

and why not? I'd do a "The Office" marathon if the boy were away.

Geekery said...
10:07 AM

Does the boy not like The Office?

chumly said...
10:31 AM

Ok I'm off popcorn for awhile.