Hellblazer: All His Engines

0 comments
I had to take my kids to the school dental clinic and the only parking was at the Library. We were early so I decided to have a look around the Library and spotted a Hellblazer Graphic Novel. Cool. I’ve always wanted to read some of the original stories that inspired Constantine, and now I didn’t have to fork out huge amounts of money to do so – or so I thought. Sadly after taking the kids to the clinic and getting back to my car, the Manukau City council had slapped a parking ticket on my car for being there slightly over an hour.

So hold on, the Library is the ONLY parking available for the Dental Clinic, and it’s only an hour long. Hhhhmmm, so lets leave the Dental Clinic out of it and think about taking a visit to the Library with the family. You’ll going to want to make the most of it – my kids love to read and would lounge around on the large floor cushions reading books for hours whilst I was able to browse slowly though isles of books at my (quiet) leisure.

Of course, if I did take advantage of the Library (isn’t that why we have them?) then I’d have to have a stopwatch with a loud alarm so that I could get back to my car 55 minute after arriving to make sure I don’t get a ticket. Nice.

Ok, rant over, cause I’m still happy that I found All His Engines:

When a hideous, inexplicable plague starts stealing children's souls and leaving the victims in a coma all across London, who else but the "antihero" John Constantine can stop it? The punk-rock magician is called in by his sidekick, Chas, when Chas's niece, Tricia, falls inexplicably comatose. To save her, the two men must go all the way to Los Angeles, where some of the world's more ambitious demons have emigrated from hell to set up a satellite office.

Oh yes…

Comments

0 comments to "Hellblazer: All His Engines"