Step Into Liquid

3 comments
Water. It’s a thing of deadly beauty.

There’s nothing that compares to it. The way it moves, the ever-changing randomness of it. The way it makes you feel when you’re in it. It’s amazing stuff.

Maybe it’s why surfers are such a fanatical bunch.

Now I’m no surfer, but I can appreciate their love of water, and I’m blown away by what they can do with just a surfboard and a wave.

Step Into Liquid is more that just a surfing documentary – it’s about a passion that over comes all prejudices and pre-conceptions.

It’s never about the size, though surfing 66ft waves 100miles offshore sure looks like fun, its about getting up and having fun. It’s about doing something you love, not because you have to, but because you want to.

Step Into Liquid takes us on a journey from the obvious locations such as Hawaii’s North Shore, to the coast of Ireland, when 3 American Irish lads venture every year, to run a surf school, just south of the Northern border for Catholic and Protestant kids.

It’s a visually stimulating feel good movie about life.

Comments

3 comments to "Step Into Liquid"

Miss Misse said...
8:42 AM

It looks great, I just watched the trailer, thanks for the heads-up. I don't surf myself but admire the fearlessness surfers have and I'd try it out if I wasn't such a scaredy-cat! I snowboard, but something about deep water and sharks holds me back, as well as the fact that I live in Ottawa Canada where it's winter 5 months of the year! Ha!

Geekery said...
10:12 AM

Some fairly decent ones aye?

It is good to get out of the Hollywood mentality on a regular basis!

Coming up next though, is my reviews of the Return of thr King, Extended Edition. Now if only i could stop reading blog and write the review..... or should I do some work...... hmmmm, choices, choices....

Geekery said...
2:24 PM

It'll be worth the wait, trust me :-)