The Village

0 comments
The Village is the latest outing for M. Night Shyamalan, Writer and Director of the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs.

Whilst there’s no denying that Signs was a good movie – it didn’t seem to be quite up to scratch with his first two efforts, so there was a lot riding on The Village.

And once more, he got it right. Like a favourite author, who’s latest book you’ll pick up and read just because it’s your favourite author, Shyamalan gives us a story that he knows we will like, shows us the direction we think its going to go, and then take us on an unexpected ride.

Now I’ve been told that I’m a very positive person when it comes to my reviews, so I’ll be honest (not that I’m saying I’m not normally honest!). The first part of the movie got me very worried, there wasn’t a lot happening, and I hadn’t clicked with any of the characters. I was getting a little restless.

But then it happened. Things started to happen, my wife started to close her eyes, grab my hand and ask me what was going on.

This is more like it; the movie was making you inch towards to edge of your seat (or close you eyes and ask for a commentary). And on the edge of my seat is where I stayed.

And with out wanting topsoil the plot, BAM!, BAM!, BAM! I didn’t see that coming, or that, or THAT! Shyamalan has definitely got his groove back.

And if a great movie, with edge of your seat spookiness and huge twists isn’t enough for you, Adrien Broody’s portrayal of the village idiot is worth the price of the DVD on it’s own.

Comments

0 comments to "The Village"