DVD | National Treasure

0 comments
Nic Cage meets Raiders of the Lost Ark was my initial thoughts when I heard about this movie – and let me tell you, I wasn’t expecting much. Sure Nic’s had some good movies, The Rock was one, but then Sean Connery helped make it memorable.

But Nic is Nic, not much substance normally.

But still I decided to give it a go, and I’m glad I did.

Once you get past the start, and the entire BS about the Templer Knights joining the Masons blah de blah blah blah, the movie kicks in.

It’s a fun romp and Nic plays an obsessed treasure hunter, desperate to find the hidden Templer treasure, which generations of his family have sought out.

It’s light hearted and cheesy at times (the cheese comes from the American possessiveness/love of their constitution) but it’s a great popcorn action movie, with enough thrills to keep you hooked, and plot that has a few surprises, but isn’t too taxing on the brain.

The overriding theme of believing something exists and committing your entire life to it is a nice theme, though it’s a theme that could be taken both as a positive or a negative depending on your point of view.

All in all, as I said, it’s a fun romp, with no real lasting impression and a few plot holes.

Comments

0 comments to "DVD | National Treasure"