DVD | Million Dollar Baby

1 comments
Million Dollar Baby is one of those funny films. It’s not one that I would have picked, but there wasn’t a lot else available at the time. It’s also not a film that had me on the edge of my seat.

But the more I think about the movie, the more I like it. The way Morgan Freeman’s character narrates reminded me of The Shawshank Redemption. But Freeman isn’t the main focus; he’s more of a constant background piece. The main characters are played by the ever-capable Clint Eastwood, and Hilary Swank, who gives an outstanding performance.

Basically a story regret and looking for redemption, Million Dollar Baby brings two very different people with similar hurts and needs, together in a journey of acceptance, trust and commitment. Two characters who have let down or been let down by their respective families find in each other a family worth fighting for.

Fortunately Eastwood stays away from Hollywood clichés and delivers a knock out blow that you don’t see coming in the form a huge twist that changes the entire focus and direction of the movie.

And it’s a twist that I’m gonna stay away from as it will ruin the movie if you haven’t seen it.

As I said earlier, this movie didn’t keep me on the edge of my seat, but it did keep me thinking long after the movie was over. So if you’re looking for something to think about, a movie that’ gonna give your grey matter something to do, then grab a copy of Million Dollar Baby.

Comments

1 comments to "DVD | Million Dollar Baby"

Violet said...
3:36 PM

It isn't a movie that appealed to me at all, but I do like movies that make me think. The last one that did that was The Village.