Armageddon Games Preview Part 1

0 comments
Friday night saw the gaming industry in NZ treat the media to a preview of all that’s good and coming up over the next few months. Highlights were:

V8 Supercars 3

The early code on this game looks flippin amazing. Only got to play on one track: Bathurst. The think that struck me first was the incredible feeling of speed. It really was a step up from the last couple of games. The graphics of course were better, a lot better. The franchise is heading towards more of a simulation which is friggen awesome, so the handling was noticeable harder, but this being early code, handling will change, so I was told. The other main feature was the inclusion of racing rules, and it wasn’t long before my dangerous driving style that won me races in previous V8 games, earned me a drive through penalty.

The Path Of Neo

I didn’t play this much, ‘cause it was incredibly hard not knowing what I was supposed to be doing, but watching the Atari guy (who obviously had played it before!) I was blown away. Not just by the graphics and the fluid gameplay, but also by the fact that the game looked just like the movies. There was the foyer shootout from the original Matrix, and even the burley brawl. This is going to be THE game for Christmas.

More later.

Comments

0 comments to "Armageddon Games Preview Part 1"