POSTER | Dr. No

0 comments
I’m starting a new feature: Movie Posters. I saw a book in PaperPlus last night on the subject of classic movie posters. I spent a little time looking through it, but decided I couldn’t justify the expense. So instead of buying a book on the subject, I’m going to compile my own collection of movie posters online, and to kick it off we have who else but James Bond!

Dr. No (sometimes published as Doctor No) is the sixth James Bond novel by Ian Fleming, originally published in 1958. The novel was adapted as the first official Bond film in 1962, the success of which would lead to a popular, long, and continuing series of films made by EON Productions.

The film was produced by Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman with Sean Connery in the first of six official appearances (and 1 unofficial) playing the role of British Secret Service agent, Commander James Bond.

I choose the French version of the Dr. No movie poster for two reasons, it’s unique in as far as it’s not overtly sexualised, and I love the simplistic approach to the brush work – simple, but bold, and it conveys Bond’s character very well.

Subscribe and get email updates!

Comments

0 comments to "POSTER | Dr. No"