News | London

2 comments
I was going to watch a movie titled Fidel & Che last night and post my thoughts today, but just before putting the DVD on, news broke of the London bombings, and I was glued to my TV for the next couple of hours. With family and friends living in and around London my DVD watching took a back seat and was soon forgotten.

It’s a shame when groups think the only way to get their message across is to use violence against weak targets, but that’s the world we live in. No political comments from me on this, this is after all a DVD/Movie review blog.

On to something nicer, I won’t be posting on Monday as I will be enjoying a day in the city with my wife and some complimentary tickets to see Appleseed as part of the Auckland International Film Festival. If anyone is going to be in Auckland over the next couple of weeks I’d urge them to check out some of the great movies on offer. Take a break from Hollywood blockbusters and find a hidden gem. You’ll love it.

Comments

2 comments to "News | London"

Violet said...
7:14 PM

I hope your London friends are okay. I'm going to miss the film festival for the first time in years. It's just not a baby activity is it?

Geekery said...
12:45 PM

All my Londonites are ok it seems.

As for the film festival, this is my first time - and I'm sad that I only have the time and money for one movie.

It's only since doing DVD reviews and working with madman.co.nz that I've realised that there is more to life than just Hollywood.

Hopefully I'll plan a bit better for next years festival!