Stupid Aucklanders #1

2 comments
Ok, I’ll admit I’m an Aucklander, even worse I’m from the Dirty South…

But I don’t think I’m as stupid (or lazy) as some of my Southern Brothers, especially not the guy we met on the way to the dairy. We were on the way home on Saturday and decided to go to the dairy to get some dollar pies, so we drove past our house, round the corner and saw someone backing out of their drive way. Being the courteous driver I am (a rarity in Auckland) I slowed down and stopped. To my amazement, and with no indicating, the driver backs out of his driveway, and down the road slightly and drives into the driveway right across the road from him.

As if that’s not strange enough, 5 minutes later on our way back home, we see him backing out of the driveway across the road from his house, this time with kids in the back, and drive all the way back to his house.

Aucklanders, gotta love them!

Comments

2 comments to "Stupid Aucklanders #1"

Violet said...
8:30 AM

Maybe he washes his vehicle at his neighbour's house?

Geekery said...
10:35 AM

But that wouldn't expolain the kids in the car, and the fact that no one can wash a car THAT quick!