DVD | The Notebook

2 comments
I’m not a huge fan of romantic movies; I’m a bloke for crying out loud!

But having said that, I’d heard a lot of good vibes about The Notebook so was quite looking forward to an evening with my wife and a movie that she would like.

And I’m glad to say The Notebook didn’t disappoint.

The only problem from a review point of view is how to tell you why it was so good without giving too much of the structure away. You’ll just have to trust me when I say that the clichéd premise of this movie (poor boy falls in love with rich girl during her summer break, parents don’t approve, blah, blah, blah.) doesn’t do the true story justice.

Sure, it is full of romantic movie clichés, but it’s a superbly acted, well thought out adaptation of Nicolas Sparks best selling novel.

So if you’re looking for a wonderfully filmed romantic tear jerker, The Notebook will fit the bill perfectly.

Comments

2 comments to "DVD | The Notebook"

Anonymous said...
3:23 PM

wow, you're the second person i've heard recommend this -- both blokes too!

You might like Nicholas Spark's The Wedding (book).. it's kind of romantic in a manly way

Geekery said...
3:27 PM

Don't know if I could manage a romantic book.... I'm reading Lee Child at the moment, my kinda book....