DVD | Alien Vs Predator

2 comments
Ok, so a movie with two of the biggest, baddest and best alien life forms ever to grace our screens, in a battle for supremacy, should have been a sure fire hit, right?

‘Should have’ are the words that most reviewers are using, and if you’ve read any of the fan sites, you’ll know that WB and director Paul Anderson had a falling out and many of the best scenes were cut to make the move suitable for a younger audience.

But having said that, and watching it coming from a point of view that the movie was gonna suck big time, it turned out not to be too bad.

Sure it could have been much better. Sure it could have had a few less plot holes. But it wasn’t a bad ride.

The special effects were cool, the action was good, it’s just a pity most of the cast got killed of so early.

So it wasn’t as lame as expected, and as an action movie it lays somewhere in the average to good bracket.

What I’d like to see is a Directors Cut version, so we get to see how the movie was supposed to be. Of course, some of that may be in the special features that I havn’t had time to look at yet!

Comments

2 comments to "DVD | Alien Vs Predator"

Violet said...
7:54 PM

I found it mostly boring. On the other hand, I was surprised that Resident Evil II was actually less bad than Resident Evil.

Geekery said...
7:27 AM

I'm not sure I should admit to this, but I actually liked Resident Evil. Good visual popcorn, not to be taken seriously.

The same goes for AVP, but I'll grant you it did slow down a bit from time to time.