Another Reason To Hate The Oscars...

0 comments
I was surfing the net just now, looking through some of my favourite blogs, when I came across a post titled The Funniest Bit Of The Oscars 07, and best of all, it was in YouTube format.

Unfortunately however, when I clicked play the image changed to the one above, This video is no longer available.

Not to be deterred, I clicked through to the YouTube page.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

What the?

I know plenty of videos get pulled everyday, and I can understand TV channels not wanting the latest episode of Lost posted on YouTube, purely from a profit point of view.

But a 4 min clip of the Oscars? It's not like the Oscars ever get released on to DVD (do they?) or if they did, it's not like anyone would buy a DVD of Oscar Night 07 (would they?).

So what's the harm in a funny video clip making the rounds a couple of days after the live broadcast? I mean hell, it might make more people interested in watching next years Oscars, goodness knows you'd need a pretty good reason to want to endure a couple of hours of Hollywood self congratulation, and a funny clip on YouTube might just do that.

If it's not the whole show, why can't big corporations just let these things be, and see them for what they are, a little bit of free promotion.

Comments

0 comments to "Another Reason To Hate The Oscars..."