DVD | Apres Vous

2 comments
This is a delightful French comedy. I never thought a subtitled movie could ever be intentionally funny, but I was wrong.

When Antoine saves Louis from hanging himself he becomes obsessed with getting him back on his feet, and hooking him back up with his girlfriend.

But things don’t go to plan as Louis is very unwilling at first, and then things get really complicated romantically, as Louis’ girlfriend begins to fancy Antoine.

It’s a light-hearted romp with a lot of underplayed humour. The translation is surprisingly good at keeping the humour, and has a number of really good laugh out loud moments.

A warm and funny movie, that will leave you smiling.

Not sure when this will be available in NZ as it was sent as part of a ‘June Screener’ DVD, which means that it will be released in Australia in June…

Comments

2 comments to "DVD | Apres Vous"

Violet said...
12:39 PM

I was going to say that there are plenty of funny sub-titled movies...until I realised I couldnt think of one which I've actually seen.

But apparently the French are into farce in a big way, so anything subtitled which comes from there has a certain chance of being funyny.

Michelle said...
5:33 PM

Its just been released now, I believe. Its been advertised in the Press anyway =)