DVD | The Pact Of Silence

0 comments
I bought this DVD as an ex-rental a few months back at the height of my DVD buying addiction. Fortunately I’m cured and no long go on mass buying binges!

But any way, last night I finally got round to watching it. It was nothing like I thought it would be, it was a lot better.

The movie is French and subtitled, so if you don’t dig subtitles, stop reading now, I don’t want to waste your time. But if like me, you quite enjoy the occasional foreign movie where you have to think about what’s going on, then stay with me.

Pact Of Silence starts off a little confusing, and is difficult to follow at first, but when things start to click into place the story really gets moving and hooks you.

It’s an interesting mix of sacrifice, love and redemption, and has a twist that you won’t see coming. In fact the ending is so surprising that you have to rewind and look at it again just to make up your mind as to what actually happened. It also leaves you thinking about certain aspects of the plot for a while.

So if you want to sit down for an evening and watch a movie that will engage your brain (and if you don’t mind Gerard DePardieu’s ‘acting’) then see if you can uncover a copy at your local video store. If you just want some popcorn for the brain dead, try Alien Vs Predator….

Comments

0 comments to "DVD | The Pact Of Silence"